This is the first photograph of the North Greenville lake. The lake was constructed in the early spring 1951 and was made possible through a donation by Dr. George R. Wilkinson of Greenville. It is located about one mile north of the campus and covers approximately three acres.
Soon after its completion, it was stocked with fish from a nearby hatchery. After a little more work on the area adjoining the lake, this should be one of the beauty spots of North Greenville campus. Students and visitors on the campus have already found it be a delightful place for swimming, boating, and picnicking. Young people in attendance at the North Greenville Baptist Assembly during the last two weeks in July found this a delightful place.
Published in the August 1951 edition of the North Greenville Junior College Alumni News